Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Filters in 37-600-- WHERE?

I'm working on a 37-600, wanted to start with the 4uF and 8uF filter caps. This is my first set with the Bakelite cap blocks and I'm having a problem navigating under the chasiss. There are 3 blocks, all of which house low-value bypass/coupling caps (3615-DG, 4989-DG, and 3793-DG).

The filter caps are identified as part 31-2149 (which I can not find on the electrolytic cap listing at http://www.philcorepairbench.com/lytic.htm ). On the schematic, the filters are identified as part 35, but I can not find any such part number in the call-out of under-chassis parts (schematic at http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013206.pdf ).

I can not find anything which looks like discrete filter caps, and there are no other blocks.

What am I missing??

Thanks for any guidence/help!!

Try the rectangular can mounted between the IF transformer and the power transformer.

It isn't identified, but since I do not see any drawing of a conventional cylindrical electrolytic, I'd bet that is the part you seek.

I've never owned, or worked on, a 600 or 37-600; only 602s and 37-602s, which do have a conventional multi-section electrolytic.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

DOH!

I feel like a real dummy missing that. I focused on the under-chassis area and those Bakelite blocks, and kept looking for the mysterious "Part 35." I haven't pulled the cover off the filter caps yet, but may be back for more info once I do that!

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Don't feel bad. Anyone could have missed that, seeing as how the electrolytics are not identified in the parts layout drawing.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for the confidence-building comments!

I have the new e-caps wired in, and with a little adjustment to the regeneration control, she's playing quite nicely sitting on my basement workbench. I still have the other caps to attend to, and will check the tubes to see if they're up to snuff. The alignment looks like it will be a major PITA -- calling for a feeler gauge to set the tuning cap initial position!

I'll probably be back for more hand-holding!