Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 87 Dial string

Hello all,
Anyone know if there's a dial stringing diagram available for a Philco model 87? The cable on right track was broken on mine. Is it as it looks - 2 separate cables? and do both cables terminate on the drum from tuning knob? There seems to be only enough room to hook one on that grooved drum. The hook is towards back end of the drum.
Thanks for any help,
Joe

Joe, Just looked at an 87 on the bench. The tuning cords are separate. With the cap in the mid position, there is approximately 4 turns on the "threaded" drum, then up to a grrove in the indicator drum, around it about half way, then into the center and a spring. The other side is pretty much a mirror image. I can get a photo of the front section, if that would help.

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the reply. I've kind of got it figured out now....except for actually getting it re-strung! Seems like I've spent hours at it already...cursing away! I'd get close only to lose it off the inner "threaded drum". The left side string (as your looking at it from front of machine) goes half way around dial indicator and down to the "inner" drum. The right side is a piece of cake as that threads down to the "outer drum" and is fairly easy to put on...It's that darn inner one giving me all the trouble. Oh well, if this were all easy...I don't suppose we'd be doing it, right? Thanks again for your input.
Joe