Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hay! You Wanna' See What's in the BOX?

There are about half a dozen mica caps and 1 carbon resistor inside of that assembly, but the most common failures are the audio interstage transformers. Now, having said that, I just emptied that one to look at it - yeah, I know.

I did end up replacing all of the cloth covered wire. It was getting crispy. And I replated the can and the top metal around the tube sockets. It looks much better and I could not have done it with the can still potted.

I will tell you that the catacomb can be drained without making a mess of the tube sockets. Trick is that you have to remove the can top, which is formed and soldered in place. So this is a bit of a challenge by its self especially if you want to but it back on. Turning the housing so that the wax drains away from the tube socket board. I can't imagine cleaning the hard wax out of the sockets and wire connections. You can see the top of the can in the second pic of the first post. It has been reassembled at that point.

It is all back together now. I'll probably fire it up in the morning.

Don't have any resized pictures now and I don't want to mess with that. But I did post some with the cabinet and with the interesting store logo on my blog.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hay! You Wanna' See What's in the BOX? - by Phlogiston - 05-02-2016, 11:14 PM