Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1209

Hi I am new to the Antique Radio Scene and just purchased a 46-1209 over the net off ebay.
Looks like its in pretty good shape. I was wondering if there was a going rate for a good condition
46-1209? I paid $99 plus shipping which was quite a bit -

That being said I have a very specific purpose for this radio that might make some here cringe.
I am going to update it - yes update it in ways that most here wont like. I plan to restore the cabinent
and gut the inside which will be replaced with a small computer and a touch screen that will be located
where the turntable was. Its a unique project that I would love to share here and receive advice on
restoration for the exterior.

Anyway I am wondering what good price is for the model I just bought that seems in better then average shape.

Thanks
Matt

Matt, Some will be a little upset about your project, but a post war with a phono probably isn't a really rare piece.
Might post your location so anybody close could get the chassis/speaker etc. Some of the parts are nice to have.
Questions on cabinet refinishing probably belong in the cabinet forum section. Lot of experts there.