Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco radio chassis type 14

So I tried RadioShack on the wire and the smallest they had was 30 gauge so I'll try a different place tomorrow when I go to work, if not looks like I'm on the hunt for some 34 to 38 gauge wire.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnet-Wire-38-A...xyY3ZRklna

I bought mine on eBay.

If you sure of the gauge.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

So it's taken me a while but I'm finally back. Between trying to order the right wire, and worrying about if I could wind the bad coil, I finally did it. So the right wire for this coil is the 38 gauge wire. If you are looking from the top of the coil the wire is wound 18 times counter clock wise. I then checked the coils to make sure it had the correct resistance which was 3.8 ohms, it did. Did that 50k resistance between the coils disappear? It did! I reinstalled the coil and had a much higher voltage on pin 4. With the tube removed I now had the 312 volts all the way through the circuit from the #21 resistor. I then reinstalled the 6A7 tube, and this time I finally had noise, radio noise and then stations. My model 14 is finally alive! I'd like to thank Mike for his help with this radio!

Woo-hoo.

Now align it.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap