Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pumice and rottenstone application

It has been 2 weeks since I cleared the cabinets. They should be cured enough for buff out.

Today I spent some time with my pumice 2F and 4F. Then Rottenstone with paraffin oil...
I took the finished cabinet and first applied the oil to the felt block. Then applied some 2F to the cabinet. Moving in a circular motion I worked the pumice around the whole cabinet. Then I gently scraped off the 2F from the block and did the same process with the 4F.

The cabinet will already be gleaming if you had a good flat finish before you started the buff out process. Lastly you flip the felt block and do the same process with the rottenstone. The rottenstone is dark grey and the pumice is white so you will know what side of the block is which. Most people have a block for each. I am too cheap... Once you finish you can wax it if you really want to.. I wait a few weeks for the lacquer to cure 100% before waxing.

These are the results without even waxing... before and after.

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Great timing! My pumice and rottenstone arrived this week.The end result looks amazing on your radio!

Very nice!