Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need Philco 60 1st IF transformer

The primary of the first IF transformer is open on my Philco 60. Thanks to Ron's dissertation on the 60, I know I have a mid 1934 model with the small dial window and added wave trap. The only extra Philco chassis I have at this end is for a model 35 battery set, and even if it did have the correct transformer, it is too clean to cut up. I might, however, trade it for a parts chassis for my 60. Anyone know where I can get a transformer? Should I even think of trying to rewind the original?

Jim Cross

Hi Jim

Let me check my parts stash. I think I have accumulated a lot of Model 60 stuff lately, as I have three different cathedral cabinets that need chassis, and I (hopefully) have accumulated more chassis than I need...

I would definitely be interested in the 35 chassis! (Oh, and it does not have the correct IF for your 60, anyway.)

I'll get back to you...thanks...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

After getting you excited about the model 35 chassis, it turns out to be a model 39 chassis. It is still very clean, but probably not as useful as a model 35. And it too does not have the correct IF for me.

Jim Cross

You're right, a 39 chassis is not as useful...

And I looked at the service info for the 39. While the IF frequency is the same (460 kc), the mounting and trimmers are different; so you're right, you can't use the IF transformers from the 39 in your 60 chassis.

I did not get to look for any IFs for you tonight, but I will try to do so tomorrow.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN