Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-200 Code 121 drifts....

Hi,
Trying to help a friend with this radio. I looked up what should be the schematic and tube location but that one shows a couple of 14 volt tubes where mine use all 7 volt except for the rectifier and output.
Anyway the radio works great with the exception of the fact that it tends to drift slowly off station after playing for some
time.. maybe an hour or more roughly speaking. If you correct it several times and then turn it off it, of course, will come
on next time considerably or entirely off station.
What usualy is the cause? Is it the converter tube itself (which number) or likely to be one or more capacitors?... and which might be most likely?
Thanks very much... I haven't been on here for many months and then was a newbie ... really sorta still am. Hope to return
sometime and work further on that project I started many months ago but first the radio at hand, ha.
BTW.. Happy Thanksgiving to all :-)

Hi

While C403 might be suspect...to be honest, what you describe sounds like normal operation to me. In my experience, many vintage radios tend to drift slightly after they have warmed up for awhile.

Oh, and Model 46-200 Code 121 uses the following tubes: 7A8, 7B7, 7C6, 50L6GT, 35Z5GT. Code 125 sets change the 7B7 to a 14A7, the 7C6 to a 14B6, and the 35Z5GT to a 35Y4.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN