Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

power supply to convert from 32 volt DC

NP my friend.
To ready the transformer (the one from epay) will need to connect terminals 1 and 5 together Also terminals 2 and 6. this connects the two primary winding in parallel so it can operate from your 120vac mains. It can be configured to operate from 220vac if you find yourself in the UK.

The secondary you'll need to employ a jumper from terminals 8 and 11. This connects the two 12vac winding in series to make 24vac from terminals 7 and 12.

On the bridge rectifier there are four connections and you'll see three different markings on it. Two of the marks look like sideways S's, these are where you connect the 24vac from the transformer's secondary.  The other two will be a + and -. They will be connected to + and - on the filter cap. And then to the + and - to your set.

Couple of notes. Use a little heaver wire than 20g hook up wire. 16 should be ok. Be sure when installing the filter cap that the polarity is correct. Backwards it could go off like a M80. May want to add a power off/on switch.

Attached Files Image(s)

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
RE: power supply to convert from 32 volt DC - by Radioroslyn - 08-05-2016, 01:21 PM