Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

power supply to convert from 32 volt DC

Sorry for the delay. I ran out of time last night and then work today. So here's where I'm at tonight:

I replaced the 100 mfd cap with the 10K mfd cap and it made considerable difference. The dial lights aren't flickering anymore and I was able to pick up the local AM station, 1470 AM, loud and clear! Icon_thumbup Here are the readings I was getting WITH a load (set is ON):  24 VAC out from the transformer, and through the bridge rectifier / capacitor I got 28.3 VDC, which after the set was playing for a while dropped to 27.3 VDC.

The main issue I'm having now is below 1000 on the dial, I get nothing but a buzz. Not the same buzz like last night, this is more a steady monotone buzz, like the kind you'd get from a fluorescent light. Turning down the volume seems to decrease it a bit, but I'm only able to get the one local station. I should be able to get 620 AM WISN out of Milwaukee loud and clear on that end of the dial. The buzzing starts to lessen by 900 on the dial and is gone by 1000, but below 900 it's just buzz. The good news is no more motor boating, just buzz now.

Any ideas on what could be causing that? Terry?

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
RE: power supply to convert from 32 volt DC - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 08-16-2016, 08:57 PM