Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

power supply to convert from 32 volt DC

Yes, that's where I found the schematic on Nostalgia Air, under Wells-Gardner. You're right that most Coronado's are listed under Gamble-Skogmo...which is why I had such a hard time finding a schematic. One thing I liked about the chassis is the tube numbers are listed on the tube sockets themselves in white lettering. Ditto for the speaker and power supply sockets. I thought about using an old inner tube for suspending the original power supply cylinder but I wanted it to hang and also be secure enough so that it couldn't slide out of the sides of the straps should the set be moved. With the two sets of zip ties it can't move. I'm guessing the only reason it was suspended / rubber mounted was to squelch the vibration sound. If it had been mounted solid against the wood shelf or cabinet, it would be very noisy. Incidentally it indicated on the schematic that the shielded cable coming from the cylinder should hang down for some reason. There's actually a paper label on the end of the cylinder with an arrow pointing up, indicating how it should hang. I didn't do anything with the dial lamps, so they are as they were set up from the factory. The chassis 'floats' on rubber mounts (which I replaced), and there's a piece of sheet metal mounted on the wood riser where the chassis sits with a wire soldered on to the plate. This wire attaches to the back of the chassis acting as some sort of ground or shield. The chassis doesn't sit directly on the sheet metal plate however.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
RE: power supply to convert from 32 volt DC - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 08-21-2016, 11:20 AM