Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 70 tuning backward?

So elaborate what are you seeing?? Pic is a little out of focus and doesn't show the whole stator if that is what the issue is. You are missing the rear bail clip??

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Terry, I think what Bill is referring to is the last set of stator plates were installed backward.

Steve 

M R Radios   C M Tubes

I think ur right! Didn't notice it. That pretty odd or maybe there a SB on it.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

(10-17-2016, 08:28 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  I think ur right! Didn't notice it. That pretty odd or maybe there a SB on it.

Yes that was backward! I flipped it and everything was back to normal.I wish the picture was clear .I had to crop it to get it to attach. I think if I was standing behind the radio when I worked on it I might have seen it.last night i was able to pulling am740 strong and right on the dial. 1420 &1230 during the day also.So I still have some things like a new line cord to add .But done to the point where I can move on mostly ! Next I have to decide refinish or not.Since I have a replacement grill most likley I will refinish . I will try not to put it in backwards.

YOU,,,would think ,,that the Blades,,,would have been in a bind,,,against the shalf,,,,and would nor turn,,

It looks like there are marks on the plates where the shaft had been rubbing.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

(10-19-2016, 06:14 PM)Steve Davis Wrote:  It looks like there are marks on the plates where the shaft had been rubbing.

Steve

Steve yes that is where the shaft was riding . It was hard to put the back clip on.Should have known right there. After a few days of playing on and off I am happy with the radio.Not really missing the lack of Avc on this. Works ok , maybe even better than just good. For those wondering about coil ohms take a look back on this post.Can's say they are perfect but with all capacitors and resistors to print value they work. On to the cabinet ,thanks again to all!!! 
Bill