Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Total Loss - Philco Photo Finish - Options

(11-13-2016, 08:54 AM)Frederick W. Taylor Wrote:  Great job Russ, what type of glue did you use for the veneer? I'm trying to stay away from 3m,s spray contact adhesive. Hide glue?

If you are a real masochist or much more devoted to originality than I am (and I am pretty bad) then you could use hide glue. As I understand it - it can be applied or at least evened up with the hot-iron method.

I use the old-style white Elmer's glue and often use the hot iron method of application. Caution to all reading this! Swelling - shrinking - sliding - bubbling veneers can will be encountered until you figure this method out. Spray glue is way easier but also way easier to come loose around curves plus other issues that can develop over time.

Just as a side note, did you know that spray glue can continue to eat into paint/other finishes long after it appears to be dry? I use the stuff to attach grill cloth, but that is about it.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Total Loss - Philco Photo Finish - Options - by Phlogiston - 11-13-2016, 11:48 AM