Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Here's what happened yesterday with my Mac

I feel for ya Mike! I have had some bad tube experiences too, mainly they were new USA made Westinghouse tubes (been some years ago). 12AX7 tubes. I thought I would be smart and "re-tube" my Fisher 500c. After all, those factory tubes had be weak, right??? 1st issue - noise.  A few of those tubes cracked and squeaked and made all sorts of weird sounds. I switched them into different locations, and they seemed to work better. They quieted down even more after some months of use.  The 7591a tubes - well, they didn't fare as well. I had one fail, blew the fuse. I went back to the factory tubes. That 500 used to run from the time I got home from work until I went to bed! Been finding the original 12AX7 tubes around. Gonna save those babys if they test ok.

I too have gotten weak (low) NOS tubes from Ebay. I guess just because they are new, doesn't mean they are good. Sure wont be buying tubes from that seller. I am sure he has been cheated, but he needs to know that not everyone is that way. A good attitude goes a long way. Glad things worked out for you in the end.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here's what happened yesterday with my Mac - by TV MAN - 12-01-2016, 11:52 AM