Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-365

I'm using the BNC connector jack or the regular input output jack?

Ok I'm sorry. I see what you mean. I only have the BNC type connector that goes into the RF output jack. I don't think I have anything currently that will go into the input/output jack.

If you have some large dia wire or a couple of nails that that fit w/o forcing your good.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok I've got a couple of good cables with banana plugs. I connected to pin 2 of the 41 tube and can hear the audio frequency output from the sig generator. Can you advise me on working my way back through the stages?

With the radio powered pin 4 of the 41 gave a loud signal

Pin 2 of the 7C6* though a cap and then pin 3 on the 7C6. Next will need to set the sg to produce a rf signal. Set frequency range on B and adjust dial for 455KC. Turn up the attenuator Apply signal to pin6 of the 7B7 closest to the 7C6. Do like wise with the other 7B7. Next *pin 2 of the XXL closest to the IF transformer and pin 6 also . If all is well you should hear a 400cy tone when connecting to these points. *Be careful some of these point have HV connected to them.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok 7C6 pin 2 strong sig; pin 3 faint sig.
7B7 pin 6 strong sig.
7B7 pin 6 strong sig.
XXL pin 2 strong sig; pin 6 faint sig.

BTW I have a 0.01 mf cap on the end of the hot lead from the sig generator and the radio is plugged into an isolation transformer

Also, just an observation, the radio often gives off a tone even when the hot lead is just near it

Ok good. While we have the sg all warmed up let peak up the IF stages. Connect the 455kc signal to pin 6 of the XXL. Adj #'s 29Aand B, 32A and 41A for max tone in spkr w/the sg attenuator turned down so you can just hear the tone solfly.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok its tuned. It didn't take much

Ok let's revisit the plate voltage on mixer XXL (one you have been connecting the sg to) and the oscillator XXL. What are they??

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

The voltage on the first XXL tube, pin 2 is 39V. On the second XXL tube pin2 is 146 V (that was the steady value after drifting downward for a time). These values are measured with the black lead touching the chassis.

Now you know that's not the right answer!!!!!

Measure the resistance from pin 7 to the chassis on the xxl oscillator tube.
That w/the set off.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Powered off the resistance between pin 7 of the first XXL tube and the chassis is 0.6 ohm