Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-350 restoration

I am in the process of restoring a Philco 46-350 portable radio. There are two wires that are not connected. One is very easy. It is the blue antenna wire. The other one is a little strange. It comes up thru the chassis next to the volume control potentiometer. The wire clearly shows in the Riders schematic. This one has cloth electrical tape around the disconnected end. Does anyone know where this end goes?

Thanks,
Terry Hicks

Attached Files Image(s)

I just looked at mine I am restoring now.. I do not have a wire coming up there.. Look under and let us know whats its connected to and I can look at mine to see where it goes.. If anywhere..

Skip...

I have this picture from the restoration I did on my 46-350. Unfortunately I don't have access to the radio at the moment but the picture clearly shows a taped off wire just like you have. I just left mine taped off like that if I remember correctly.

[Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5462...46-350.jpg]

I have restored a 46-350. They all have that wire, I believe it is for aligning the radio. It certainly doesn't need to be connected to anything, my radio works beautifully.

Yep I have 2
1 with and 1 with out wire

Sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

they all have that wire,,,and ,,nobody really knows ,,,were it goes and what it is for,,,,,I ,,don't believe that,,,you just pulling our leg,,,lolololol

Mine doesn't have the wire either..

Skip...