Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco/Ford Stereo

Just looking for information on this Philco Ford Stereo.  I believe it is from circa 1960.  Model H352UDK.  Radio works fine but there is no sound out of the speakers when playing the record player but you can hear the music so the needle works.  Not sure if there is any value in these stereo's.      Thank You!

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Welcome to the Phabulous Philco Phorum !

That BSR changer is waaay-newer than 1960.  My best guess is about 1974.
Take a peek under the platter and make sure both the audio plugs are plugged in  the jack that's mounted there..... you're actually looking at the BACK of the jack, but you can see if the center pins of the RCA plugs show.  If not, take the back off and see why not. If they do show, then a dead cartridge, which is par for the course :

https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/tetrad_help.html

Thanks for your help.   Just wondering what I might ask for it in a estate sale.

Those big consoles are sometimes hard to sell unless you happen upon the person that really wants one. If its an estate sale and you are primarily trying to get rid of it then I'd put $50 on it and take less just to move it out.

"Thanks for your help.   Just wondering what I might ask for it in a estate sale."

Icon_thumbup

Stereo consoles have their fans ! ....and groups on FaceBook devoted to their restoration.  I belong to this one :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/498063417008273/

While I think that model is , generally, in the "lower echelons" of collectability, someone there may be interested in it.  Check it out. Icon_idea

The service information places that model late 1971 to 1972 manufacture date.
Sadly, yes to the above comments, console stereos, except for the ones sought after by the 'Mad Men' crowd, or the California yuppies, just don't get the dollars one might wish.
Dan

Thanks all for your help!