Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 46-250 Code 125 schematic / service manual

Hi Folks,

Hope everyone is relaxing and enjoying the holidays. I'm about to restore a model 46-250 code 125. I see schematics for code 121 but can't find a 125 schematic or under chassis photo. They changed the rectifier and output tube when they went to the code 125 along with some their production cut-ins. I'd appreciate it if anyone has the schematic.

Have a safe and happy holiday season,

Regards,
Jim

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

They did not always print new schematics for later revisions. Check with Chuck at http://www.philcorepairbench.com/schematics.htm
to see if he might have the info.

Hi Jim and welcome,
It was a common practice in post war sets to use  whatever tubes where available do to war shortages. Have serviced sets with a combo of miniature, locktal, and octal all on one chassis. Electrically the tube are the same just different pin outs. 50A5, 50B5, 50C5, 50L6 all the same barring the socket connections. By the early '50s most had gone with using miniatures and the 50C5 replaced the 50B5 because of the pin layout was prone to have plate to heater shorts.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

(12-26-2016, 11:20 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Hi Jim and welcome,
It was a common practice in post war sets to use  whatever tubes where available do to war shortages. Have serviced sets with a combo of miniature, locktal, and octal all on one chassis. Electrically the tube are the same just different pin outs. 50A5, 50B5, 50C5, 50L6 all the same barring the socket connections. By the early '50s most had gone with using miniatures and the 50C5 replaced the 50B5 because of the pin layout was prone to have plate to heater shorts.

Thanks Terry.

Regards,
Jim

Attached is my modification of the schematic for the Philco 46-250 with the tubes and associated mods for Code 125.

My own journey to repair this radio led me to write this blog for my company's website:

https://ez.analog.com/b/engineering-mind...technology

David

Attached Files
.pdf Philco 46-250 CODE 125.pdf Size: 179.57 KB  Downloads: 283