Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ID this Radio?

Can anyone help ID this radio?

"Ignorance is bliss...'til you have to fix a radio..."

DId you browse through the GALLERY section on this site yet??
That's the Lowboy version cabinet used for for a Models 65, 87, 40, 76, 95.
Mid-1929 to 1930.

Yours has obviously been stripped of original finish. Good shape otherwise.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I actually had this picture sent to me by my brother who saw it in an upcoming auction this weekend. The cabinet does look good aside from the refinishing job, no clue what's actually inside. I'm new to the collecting trade -- do you know if this model is very common, collectible, etc? I appreciate your quick reply! Joe Icon_biggrin

Very collectable, but it looks like it's ONLY the cabinetry. No radio chassis. I see no control shafts in the holes.
Someone probably gutted and stripped the cabinet and was using it as furniture. (?)

Not a good deal if not complete. You may have a long while to acquire a chassis of appropriate model to fill it.

Thank you - I appreciate the help. Hopefully, there's a chassis that accompanies it!

Don't worry, there are plenty of chassis that will fit (65, 87, 76, 95). I probably have more than one kicking around here in restorable condition. They are heavy buggers, though.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yes, great looking cabinet.

Thanks guys. Yes, I'm pretty intrigued by this cabinet and its condition. As much more experienced collectors than I, any suggestions on what a max auction value would be for just the cabinet? The estate sale is tomorrow and my brother's waiting on direction from me. My plan would be to refinish the cabinet back to original state (with Ron's advice on proper Mohawk toner colors) and then find a chassis to add.

Any advice is much appreciated.

I'm happy to report I got the cabinet at the auction for $10 Icon_eek Unbelievable. Small piece of veneer in the front grid to repair and I'm going to refinish to original colors, but think I did pretty well...

jayoungs Wrote:I'm happy to report I got the cabinet at the auction for $10 Icon_eek Unbelievable. Small piece of veneer in the front grid to repair and I'm going to refinish to original colors, but think I did pretty well...
That's an awesome price. I bet you end up with a real jewel once this thing is refinished and holding a restored chassis.