Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 32-8248 power transformer

I have a Philco 32-8248 power transformer I need help with. The wire colors are 2- black 2-red  2- white  2-yellow  2-blue  1- green   1- brown  I checked them got ohm results but not sure what Phico colors represent for power, filament,etc?

Hello. Here is a schematic that I believe has the transformer you asked about in it with the color code of the wiring.
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013586.pdf

Thank you so much. I am scratch building a stereo tube amp and possibly going to use the power transformer and 6v6 outputs should be fun!!

Why use the Philco transformer? The part is not that large and was made for a mono output amp, it might be borderline for a stereo where the consumption rises almost twice as the output gets the lion share of the power consumed.
Unless you are building two monoblocks, but then you need two.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Not sure if I’m going to use it. I have 40-50 transformers so the picking is good. I like building things from scratch! Icon_angel

Well, if you are building one of those 1.5W / channel class A amps for quiet private listening..... don't forget, even if you don't overload your transformer, you still want it to handle peaks adequately, and for this you need size.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hello,

I just found this thread and am curious if you still have this power transformer?   It is the exact transformer I am needing for my Philco 46-1226.   If it is still available, would you be willing to sell it?  Thanks!

~Jon~

I am going to sell it soon but there is one on eBay now if you dont want to wait.