Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pHILCO MODEL 20 CABINET

Hello: I finished recapping and replacing resistors on my Philco model 20 chassis - it works great. However, now I need a cabinet for it. Does anyone have a cabinet I could purchase, for my model 20 chassis? Thanks, Phil

Hello Phil, whew, that may be a tall order finding a cabinet here. Worth the ask though. Perhaps someone here has a spare. You may have to do the ebay route to find one. I made the mistake several yrs ago of fully electronically restoring a 1929 Fada mod KW TRF chassis with a bad cab. Ive been looking over 12 yrs for a lowboy cab for it, even on epay, and never found one yet. My radio chassis & orig spkr sound great on my workbench! They just need a orig home to be placed again. Good luck, and you can still enjoy your fully-restored Philco until a cabinet becomes available. I call these "orphan radios", and they will someday find their homes indeed! Just takes patience & extra $ sometimes. Icon_wink

How about a reproduction cabinet from Dick Oliver?

http://www.philcoradio.com/resource.htm

He does excellent work. He can make either the early "plain" cabinet or the later revised "deluxe" cabinet.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Very interesting. I wasn't aware anyone made repro cabinets. Any chance of more models being available in the future?

Dick Oliver makes reproduction cabinets for Models 20 (plain and deluxe), 21/46, 70/35, and 90.

He could possibly be persuaded to make others if he had a decent original to go by. He made a custom front panel for a 16B cathedral cabinet for me not too long ago, with shafts drilled to fit a 116 chassis. (This was a customer request...retrofitting a 116 chassis into a 16B cathedral cabinet.)

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Aye, there's the rub, (as in hand-rubbed cabinet?). That wouldn't be a bad little sideline biz if there were enough demand for various cabinets.