Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-690 electronics restoration.

That cap assembly done, right above it is the power switch plus bass tone control.
This is how it looked inside. The making was there but intermittent, from short to kilo-ohms, as luck would have it.

Now I was able to take the dial assembly and replace the grommets, though it was no small task, as I did that without extracting the RF sub-chassis. The grommets I bought from Renovated some 4 years ago for 37-116, are the right size but the holes inn them are small enough to resist going over the pins, especially the one on the right side which is thicker. Combined with the grommet being inserted over the pins while still with the slide-holes ovet them was inconvenient. I persisted and I prevailed. Yay!

The new grommets in place with the RF chassis, still not cleaned, and with the tuning cap off.

Oh yeah... the tuning cap is of, did I mention?

Someone tried to fit in a metal tube and did not find anything better to do than to cut the shield base off. Dumb!
Now I am confined to metal version.
There is another base that was simply mangled to make the metal base fit.
Some people!

Cap cleaned up.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Philco 38-690 electronics restoration. - by morzh - 04-12-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: Philco 38-690 electronics restoration. - by morzh - 06-04-2017, 06:21 PM