Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-200 volume weakens with time

So I still need to unearth my tube tester, but figured that I would try to swap out the tubes and see what the results were.

The radio has the following tubes presently in it.

Rectifier:  35Z5GT  (thick pins)
Output:   35A5  (thick pins)

The schematic I have says to use a 50A5 (Morzh says to use a 50L6) for the output tube.  Question: is a 35A5 equivalent ?  I have another 35A5 I could substitute in, would that be OK.  If I purchase a new tube, which should I get the 50L6 or 50A5 ?  Any suggestions for suppliers, you can PM me with that info if the BB does not allow suggestions in the posts.

On the 35Z5GT rectifier tube, I don't have another one of those (I do have a 35Y4 but it has skinny pins instead of thick pins and does not lock into the tube receptacle ).  I will need to purchase this.

I know I still need to test the old tubes, but from a time and space constraints point of view it's going to be easier (and faster) to replace the tubes, then to try and dig out the boxed tube tester and make sure that, it is still in working order.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 48-200 volume weakens with time - by winkydink - 05-04-2017, 06:12 AM