Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco transistor radio alighment is this the wrong forum

Hello everyone,
Well I just replaced the volume control also recaped my little Philco T-800 I was wondering if this is the wrong forum but what I said this is a early Philco transistor what heck Ron or Chuck don't Bite Icon_lol I figure ask away so should I perform alighmen on this radio or do you think it will be alright to leave as is I still need to check resistors thou.
and I used good old Sprague atom caps when I recaped it to so they should be good for the life of this radio.
Sincerely Rich

Hello everyone,
I have been playing that radio most of the day off of my home brew powersupply and seems to work goo so maybe I'll just clean it up and put back together for now.
Sincerely rICH

Hi Rich

This is the RIGHT forum! Icon_biggrin

Any radio will benefit from a complete, thorough and proper alignment. By that, I mean performed to factory specifications, using known good instruments such as a well calibrated signal generator and output meter or oscilloscope to display the output, and using the factory alignment instructions.

Personally, I have a frequency counter tied into my signal generator, and use an oscilloscope as an output indicator. YMMV.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hello Ron,
Well thanks for the advice far as the right forum I know it's a Philco but it's a 1958 transistor radio not a Philco 90 .
I guess we must think alike I to have my fluke/Phillips Freq counter hookes up to my signal gen. it really makes it handy that why to get right on the mark . I using the sams photofacts for this radio thou.
Sincerely Rich