Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37 and 38 690 Grill cloth

I am currently restoring my 37-690 and soon my 38-690.  The 38-690 does not have any of the original cloth left and the 37-690 grill cloth is in very bad shape.  Is the Gill Cloth from Radio Daze #14 http://www.radiodaze.com/grille-cloth-14-item-grc14/ a close match for the 37-690?  Was the original for the 38-690 similar to the 37? 

Thanks

Both originally used the Philco "Ribbed" cloth; the Radio Daze cloth you linked to is the only thing available these days that comes close to the original.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

It is strange that in the 116 versions they used the chevron pattern and in the 690 - ribbed.
Mine is intact, and I saw others in photos....I even thought at some point, before I got mine, that the 690 had some replacement cloth, I was so sure there should've been chevron. And it would look good too!

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Ron thanks I will get the Radio Daze cloth.
Morph I agree about the chevron cloth, it was used in many Philco of the era. Why such a plain cloth for their two top dogs?