Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16b and model 20 pwr trans

To be sure there are many 16B tombstones which have the 5 band chassis and which are factory correct this way. They also sold 16L consoles with 5 band chassis as well. You can tell if yours is correct by checking a couple of things. The earlier 16B tombstones have aless angled or peaked top than the later 4 banders. Also, the holes in the front panels are different. The 5 band chassis has a small hole at the tuning knob, as it has a single shaft which pulls in and out for fast and slow tuning. The 4 bander cabinets have a larger hole for the dual coententric knobs. The 5 band chassis in the 16B tombstone always has the 10 inch speaker hard wired to the chassis through the chassis, whereas the console sets used a plug in speaker arrangement.

that settles it then,the chassis is not original,the speaker is not hardwired. no real biggee for me though. the seller is local and i'm familiar with him though not really friends. i emailed him about the "original " statement in the auction not quite being accurate. he refunded me $50 without me asking so i guess i'm o.k. with it,either way this radio is one helluva performer!
phil