Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 71B Code 125 with Shadow Meter Info

OK, the time for denial is over, and on closer inspection, as well as having seen at least one Code 125 with a shield over the 39/44 tube, I must conclude that Steve Davis was right, that some person, for reasons I can't even fathom, decided that mangling the tuner wasn't enough, and did, somehow, manage to remove the ring for the tube shield that should have been around the socket.

So, I guess I now have to find another chassis to steal a ring from, and figure out where to get those hollow rivets so I can still feed the grid wire through.

That explains why one my RF shields is different (no slot for the grid wire), because that's the one that was supposed to be around the first AF tube.

I guess I should be glad the RF coils are (hopefully still) good!

Thanks, Steve Davis, for pointing me in the right direction, even though I refused to see!

This radio is trying to kill me, but I refuse to let it get away without playing music from inside the cabinet without howling or distortion! (Work, D**n you! You're not gonna die on my watch!)

Dan

"Why, the tubes alone are worth more than that!" (Heard at every swap meet. Gets me every time!)

Philcos: 90, 70, 71B, 610, 37-61 40-81, 46-420 Code 121 to name a few.
Plus enough Zeniths, Atwater Kents and others to trip over!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 71B Code 125 with Shadow Meter Info - by ntsc525 - 05-11-2019, 09:27 PM