Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Console Radio Identification Help!

I put some work in on the Philco this weekend.  I stripped the cabinet out to thoroughly clean everything using compressed air and some elbow grease.  I did discover a handwritten (in chaulk?) "HJ Service" tag under the radio chassis.  Unfortunately, it came right off as I was cleaning the unit, but I did manage to get a picture of it before.  Maybe it was serviced and had the 1937 chassis installed in the 1938 console at some point?

I cleaned the veneer with gojo and finshed it with Harold's as recommended.  I also installed replacement grill cloth on a fresh sheet of plywood I had lying around.  All done, I think it came out pretty nice!  I still haven't touched the radio chassis besides cleaning it.  I reinstalled the clean(er) chassis in the console, but left the speaker etc out.  Someday I'll get around to making the radio work, but for now I am pretty happy.  Much thanks to everyone who helped me out and shared some knowledge with me!

Attached Files
.pdf 1938 Philco Radio.pdf Size: 2.77 MB  Downloads: 141

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco Console Radio Identification Help! - by Radio37 - 07-30-2017, 12:14 AM