Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-220 Electrical

Picked up a restorable 41-220

It is complete and in pretty good shape except for a yellowed dial cover. The power cord is missing of of this one and after looking at the scematic and where someone has removed the old one I think I have an idea of where it is going but I would like a second opinion before I try. So if anyone has worked on one of these and knows exactly where the power cord solders up on the chassis please help me out.

Thanks,
Daniel

Also this unit uses a resistor that I will call a dual output strip. It has three points one is suppose to be I believe (The Schematic is a bit blurry) 53ohms the second is 137ohms. The second measures out great right at 135 but the first is only at 3.6. Can anyone give me an idea of what the wattage of this resistor is so I can get a replacement?

Thanks,
'Daniel

PS if it helps the Philco part number is 33-3375 (The 5 is blurry but I believe it is a 5)

Ok I thought I would revise this post. I am really only looking for a picture of the chassis to find the exact points to which the power cord hooks to. Or perhaps just a description.

Daniel

2MERCS Wrote:Also this unit uses a resistor that I will call a dual output strip. It has three points one is suppose to be I believe (The Schematic is a bit blurry) 53ohms the second is 137ohms. The second measures out great right at 135 but the first is only at 3.6. Can anyone give me an idea of what the wattage of this resistor is so I can get a replacement?

Thanks,
'Daniel

PS if it helps the Philco part number is 33-3375 (The 5 is blurry but I believe it is a 5)

Did you disconnect it from the circuit to take a measurement? If not, try unscrewing the dial lamp and try again. It would be unusual for it to read low. Its probably a wirewound resistor and it would take some sort of short to affect its value.

Sorry, can't help on the physical location of the ac cord connection.

-Bill

Yes regarding the resistor, I made a mistake the first time I posted, I did forget to unscew the bulb. I guess that is what I get after working for 12 hours and playing around with my hobby.

Daniel

PS if anyone has not worked a 41-220 it is a real pain, a bunch of stuff in a little area. (Just makes it more challenging)

All figured out. Overall this was a pretty clean radio, only one tube tested bad. Recapped, refinished the only thing was the grill cloth (It is not the original type but I used some that I had)

Thanks for the help!!

Daniel

PS I forgot to add that I had to stain it a bit darker since somewhere in its life someone had dumped a real dark stain or spray paint on the back corner which would not lift out. What I could not get out is mostly covered by the darker stain.