Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New chassis washers for a Philco 89

OK people, how the H**l do you get the chassis reinstalled in the cabinet with new washers? I've tried tilting the chassis towards the front but the replacement washers just seem to be too D**n high. I got these from Renovated Radios and these are suppose to be for chassis made between 1932 and 39 or something close to that time period.

I seem to remember on mine I squared off two sides of the chassis spacers on the disc sander to get them to fit under the corner lip of the chassis. That's about 4 or 5 years ago now but as I recall the tabs under the chassis where the screws go into are a bit recessed and not flush with the bottom edges of the chassis. It's probably not the right way but it worked for me. Icon_thumbup

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

I did not fix 89.
But.
How about a dab of some glue to hold them in place while chassis is being pushed in?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Stupid me, I ordered the wrong size for this radio. I took a guess at the correct size since mine didn't have any. I have since ordered the smaller height ones.