Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-7 Speaker problems

I came across a 38-7 floor model this past weekend. It seems to be in good shape. Except for the speaker. Someone has ripped all of the wires loose. The output transformer is open. And the field coil is ruined, because wires have been broken on the winding. Any ideas on how, or if I can bypass the field coil and output transformer, and still use this speaker. Thanks!

On the transformer check with playthings of the past and see what he has, more than likely he has the correct transformer. On the field coil try your luck at removing the outer cover and see if you can find where the wire is broken at, I have been lucky in the past to find the wire broke or pulled loose near the outer wrapping.

field coil wrapping has been removed. And it looks like many breaks in the winding.

These should be common speakers, Gary at playthings of the past might have both items, he typically is extremely reasonable on this prices. If you can find the speaker part number I will look thought his site and see what he has or you can follow this link http://www.oldradioparts.com/2a32fl.txt
and see what you can match up.

I don't see the speaker listed. I'll email Gary and check. I've got the parts list from Riders 8-66. And there is no complete speaker, just parts. And some of the part numbers are not readable. There is one listed on ebay the looks like the right one. But the seller wants 100.00 obo. Good luck! Ok, if I were to use a pm speaker, what would need to be done to make it work?

On the one on ebay for 100 he is on a planet of his own, these are common speakers so I am sure that Gary should have something or send a PM to Ron and get the correct part number.