Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-300 output transformer question.

This from the Hammond Factory representative:
"The DCR is not that critical, actually a perfect transformer would have zero DCR!
What’s important it the turns ratio. In this case it’s 10K to his speaker load. Assuming he did his homework and the 10K is correct and he is using the proper hook up to the speaker load then it’s correct.

Try reversing the Blue and Brown connections. Sometimes that works. (can't do that it squeals hook up the other direction.)

A key thing to remember is this is for a 15 watt output and it’s not Hi-Fi. It’s designed for audio only. The frequency range is 150 – 15 KHz so you won’t get any low end bass out of it.

I'm going to go back and try to do some more testing.  I'll see how difficult it would be to measure the turns ratio for the Zenith transformer.  I have to isolate the voice coil and I'm reluctant to do that.  Short of other information about the low end frequency response for that transformer the turns ratio is all that i can calculate with what I have to work with.

Is there some way to determine the frequency response based on that information?

Thanks for any input anyone has.
Tomie

Messages In This Thread