Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Majestic info

Hi Eric,
>And I have no info on the buttons. 
Buttons are no problem. Most of the time they are set up like this in pairs of two. One will set the oscillator frequency the other adjusts the rf circuit/antenna. The way to tell the difference is w/it set to use the pushbuttons push in one of the buttons and listen for a station or background noise. Note the wires going from the pb contacts to the associated two trimmers. Touch the ungrounded of one of the trimmers associated w/the contact you've actuated. One will shift the frequency this use to set the station the other will peak up the signal.
Two notes. A lot of times the trimmers can't tune the entire bcb so the first few on the left will tune from 550-1050kc or so and the ones one the right will tune from about 800-1600kc.
There is some interaction between the two trimmer in that if you move the osc too far from where the ant trimmer is peaked you'll need to repeak it to regain the receivers sensitivity.

On the caps I would assume that they are the correct value or close to the correct value. You may want to just replace  the caps in the power supply and give her a try, provided that everything looks ok no loose wires or dangling parts. If you have some of these we can figure where they are suppose to go to.
Just as a safety precaution connect a voltmeter from pin 2 of the 5Y3 to the chassis (or across C-19). With this you can monitor the HV. When you first turn it on the hv should swing up about 300vdc maybe a little more in the first 5-10sec. Then it should start going down at about 15sec and drop to about 225 to 250vdc. If the hv doesn't swing up in the first few seconds turn the set off right away. You've got a short in the hv or a bad 5Y3.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
Majestic info - by Eric - 10-05-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: Majestic info - by Radioroslyn - 10-05-2017, 05:08 PM
RE: Majestic info - by Eric - 10-06-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: Majestic info - by Radioroslyn - 10-06-2017, 12:03 PM
RE: Majestic info - by Eric - 10-07-2017, 08:21 AM
RE: Majestic info - by Radioroslyn - 10-07-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Majestic info - by Eric - 10-08-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: Majestic info - by Dan Walker - 10-08-2017, 09:52 AM