Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Decal placement on a 37-620B

Now that I have this Radio playing well, I would like to add the decals. The only decal on it is The Black PHILCO decal at the top above the speaker. It also is not complete. All that's left is PHOL, the CO is missing.
There are no decals on the on/off/ tone switch, the range switch , the volume knob or the tuning knob. I need information on where they were placed, what lay-out was used and where I might be able to purchase a set for this radio. Another question I need help with, was there a back in this radio, or was it left open for venalation. I can see no indication on the back of the radio that a back was ever attached,No holes in the wood where a screw or some other type of attachmeent might have connected. I am also looking for an externial antenna that I can attach to pick up SW and BC. I don't have room for an long wire or other type externial antenna. I've seen a couple that sit behind the radio but would like some advice on the type you might have used. Thanks Mike

The only decal on a 37-620B cabinet is the PHILCO trademark. It had no decals around the knobs.

Also, the cabinet did not have a back originally.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron for the information. I'll just replace the Philco Decal at the top, that's missing the letters C & O. Have you ever used an externial antenna to pick up SW with one of these radios? Thanks Mike

An external antenna is essential. I never did get around to stringing an outdoor longwire antenna, but after I eliminated my landline phone in favor of a Verizon cell nearly two years ago, I was left with the next best thing...the (deactivated) phone line. Using a small capacitor in series with the old phone line, it has proven to be a very good longwire. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron, The old phone lineline is a great idea.