Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Latest Restoration - 46-1201

There has been a post or two concerning this model. The pictures show how I got around a a bad switch that I was unable to repair. I re-capped it, cleaned and lubed it. Replaced a couple resistors and fitted the idler wheel with an O-ring rather than have it rebuilt. It plays beautifully, the tone is good. I believe it is an early model. The code is 121 and is my first attempt on a set with an electodynamic speaker.

Microtouch

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Looks really good in photo, Microtouch. I have one also and after a recapping, the radio works great but the phono needs a cartridge. How did you address the cartridge or did you have one that still worked? The crystal in mine was powder.

While I have a couple of those big pot metal old Astatic crystal carts and they work (some are rebuilt) I opted for an Astatic 146 cart that puts out 3v and fits perfectly in the arm. I got it from NeedleDaddy.

Thank you, Microtouch. Been looking for an alternative as I have 2 other Philcos and a Crosley that need a cartridge to replace the Astatic L70. I saw one on Needle Daddy with a .7 mil needle for 16.95. Is this the one you used?

That's the one, however I did have to fit it with a 78 stylus (.3mil). The one that came with it has dual .07mil tips.

Microtouch