Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question On ID Of Radio

Hi, I have a question on how to id this radio. It is in a dark wood cabinet sort of like a low boy type, has two doors that slide together in front of the cabinet, the radio chasis has the following type of tubes, NX-245, 247, 56. The dial has numbers 0-100 and on the metal around the dial says Franklin, a tag in the cabinet lid that lifts up, states Red Lion Cabinet. The above information leads me to believe it's a radio from the 1920's and a Franklin, however; I can find no model numbers anywhere on the chasis or cabinet. I am stumbed. Thank you, bigdog

Hello Bigdog. There are a few different Franklin schematics avail at Nostalgiaair.org online JF Riders pages. Perhaps you can look thru all them and find your schematic needed that matches your tube(s) used in your unknown model chassis lineup.Sometimes, you can find your correct (missing) model # by comparing the schematic to your sets chassis by close visual inspection.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/155/T0000155.htm

Good luck restoring your Franklin receiver! Icon_wink

Hi TexasRocker, thank you for the reply. Will go look at the schematics and compare with the radio.Thank you, bigdog

Texas Rocker, I checked the schematics at Nostalagia Air, and the radio schematic not listed. This is 6 tube, some of the tubes; Nat-Nal Nx 245, 247, 56, RCA 58, after some cleaning, on the back of set has tag "phono" . The dial attached to chassis has numbers 0-100 as stated earlier, and believe it is 1920's wooden cabinet, made by Red Lion.I am going to try get metal from other two tubes to see the numbers. I've googled no luck. Thank you, bigdog