Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Freshman Masterpiece Instructions

Does anyone know where I might find a reproduction Freshman Masterpiece instruction "label" for the rear of my set?  Here is a shot of what the original looks like.

Dave Thomas
Coatesville, PA

That looks like it's for the first year model Freshman Masterpiece, 1924, the one with the safe knobs. I have a 1925 model Masterpiece but it doesn't have that instruction card, and there is no evidence that it ever did.
Regards
Arran

Sorry Dave, my quick search did not turn up any reproduction labels, but I found a couple of pretty decent pictures of them:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aa9uc/1597...otostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35799859@N...470518392/

If you're patient you might be able to recreate one using a graphics program.  

I was able to crop and straighten the first image so maybe a copy store like Kinko's or Office Max can print it out on card stock for you.  PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I also thought of Photoshop - the label is tarnished but is intact, so some advanced graphics software could make a good copy of it.
Scan it with the highest resolution possible as soon as you can before it deteriorates.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll PM John for the photos and brush up on my Photoshop skills.

Dave Thomas
Coatesville, PA

Well, it took a while but  thanks to John (and Photoshop) I was able to clean up the image he sent me and still keep the "antique" look.  I had the local UPS store print the final version on heavier card stock and then I laminated it to poster board using 3M spray photo mount.  I even Photo-shopped in the original serial number.  Below are some shots of the results.  If anyone needs a copy for their Freshman just let me know and I'll send it along.

Dave Thomas
Coatesville, PA

It would be nice to have a file/page here to keep JPGs of these printable forms. Members only -

I suppose I could put them on my site but people would not know where to look for them.

Russ

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Good job Dave, your Freshman looks great!

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY

Russ, great suggestion, thanks! The moderators talked it over with Ron and the "downloads" section has now been changed to include other brand radio downloads as well. The downloads section is a "members only" portion of the phorum. It now reads "Philco (and more) Downloadable File".

Hi Dave,
I am restoring an identical Freshman Masterpiece to yours and have been searching for a reproduction of this label for some time. What can I do to acquire a copy from you?

Thanks for any help
Henry

Henry, I sent you a PM with a link for the jpg that I photo-shopped since the file is too big for the downloads section.  Let me know if this is will work for you.

Dave Thomas
Coatesville, PA

i like to have copy of that file to make one for masterpiece radio thanks

Dave, I know its been a while since your post, but I'd like to have a copy of this if possible.
Thanks

berthoudbill - Be aware that this is an old thread, and the OP (Dave) has not visited here in nearly three years.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I emailed Dave and he sent me a link to download the files. Here is his reply:
Quote: Hi John,

Here is a link to my OneDrive since the files are quite large. One of the files is a photo of my finished radio with the instruction label attached. I used the Masterpiece-2 but I also included the -3 label which I thought was a little too yellow. The label is from an actual Freshman Masterpiece so that's why it has radio call signs and some borders that look offset. The files should print full size just like the original. The serial number is from my set but if you have Photoshop, you can change it easily or I could do it for you if you like the label. Let me know if you have any problems downloading the files. The link is good until 10/28.

Thanks!
Dave
Below is the link to his onedrive active until 10-28:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AE...91D872F145

Maybe a Moderator could also download them to our library?

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY