Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory)

I had a look through the Parker-McCrory schematics listed on Nostalgia Air, and the vast majority seem to be battery sets, either full blown ones with "A" and "B" batteries, or vibrator supply types, there were a few AC sets but those seemed to be newer and with pushbuttons. I'm wondering if Parker-McCrory was the manufacturer, the chassis construction and dial design kind of remind me a Musicaire radio I have built by Sentinel? I'm also wondering if this may have originally been a 6 volt operated vibrator set at one time, except that I'm sure there would be more evidence of that such as marks where the tin box containing it all was located. If it was converted it was done a long time ago, the power cord is made out of natural rubber. I can see what you mean about the eye tube, the way that they routed that cable looks amateurish, it's unlikely that a factory would have routed the wires through the same hole as the grounding strap for the tuning condenser, all the other eye tube equipped sets I've seen had the cable routed through a 1/2'' hole usually lined with a brass grommet.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory) - by TV MAN - 01-29-2018, 03:34 PM
RE: Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory) - by TV MAN - 01-29-2018, 03:53 PM
RE: Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory) - by TV MAN - 01-29-2018, 05:26 PM
RE: Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory) - by Arran - 01-30-2018, 04:56 AM
RE: Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory) - by TV MAN - 01-30-2018, 10:34 AM
RE: Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory) - by Arran - 01-31-2018, 12:14 AM
RE: Parmak rebuild (Parker McCrory) - by Arran - 02-01-2018, 01:36 AM