Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-610 tombstone restoration

Great job.

As for the 6A8 grit touching giving you more volume.....sometimes that is explained by bad connection in the band switch. I had that exact problem on my 38-690.
Does it happen on all bands or just one?

See both sides of the 1, 2 and 3 coils if they make proper contact through the switch to where they are expected (including the cap of the 6A8).

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks! I cleaned all contacts with contact cleaner but they were very "black" maybe was not enough only with the cleaner...I will check that connections and surely I will re-clean all. Any special product different from contact cleaner that works?

DeoxIT.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I found out on my own Deoxit Red, however good, is not necessarily omnipotent. Plus the contacts may simply be not bent right.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have been checking in Amazon (only suplier for deoxit in Spain) and they have d5 version in spray (5%) and small squeeze tubes 100%, I supose the spray is ok but just to be sure, the first is the one do you use? Thx

Yes Deoxit D5 in red cans. Warning: don't buy those cans with the rotating straw holder - they leak like crazy. Go for a regular spray can.