Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-610 tombstone restoration

Well then, was free, I will make a good paper weight Icon_smile or use the refrigerated box to make a diy proyect... Now on trails again I got some time to test with real full voltage 115vac, and 6,3v on heaters, connected an old car speaker coaxial to the secondary, AM and after 30sec warming it started to sound an station! I raised the volume almost full but was like 30% in volume, mention that I have no antenna installed, but just by getting close my hand to the green wire comming from the tunning cap to the top of the 6A8G det-osc the volume raised a lot. Now I know is working I will try to do the alignment with the heathkit after check it, I received also today the new cone, is one I found in italy since the shop in USA does not ship overseas, was arround 10€, not cheap but this one is paper reinforced with cloth and look almost the same as the old and fit almost perfect, just little trimming on sides to get inside (is 8") maybe is little more rigid than the old...I will post Photos later.
Thank you Terry for the help, I am very happy to have it working, was in very bad shape when I picked it in Charlotte NC. And now is comming to life little by little, I think I will continue with the hobby of this old tube radios and studying how to repair, I like it a lot Icon_smile

Messages In This Thread
Philco 37-610 tombstone restoration - by Jeepeto - 02-09-2018, 07:58 AM
RE: Philco 37-610 tombstone restoration - by Jeepeto - 04-11-2018, 09:33 AM