Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Power resistor decade box

there is a wonderful and low cost hallicrafters decade box for sale on ebay now,, 45$,, and is a very nice looking unit.
its one of those... "too much box" with very little inside it type containers that could be modified to a wayyyyyyy lower profile.

the person selling opened it up and it finally gives me a way to use up half my NOS slider switches i have.
i have so many resistors that i am going to make my own... and duplicate this layout.
I dont know why i didnt think of this design,, i was always associating what i used in the navy,, (rotary switch type) as my starting point.

the max wattage may be the only slipping point for the type / application uses we have on our heat generating sets.
i suppose you would have to just know when the decade box is applicable and when its not.

on this box,, i did not see a way to parallel resistors... meaning lets assume all these are 1/2W R's.

your sample radio says 2w 100ohms for a particular schematic need.
on the decade box i would want to select or "turn on" 5) 500 ohm 1/2w resistors in parallel to achieve 100ohms 2 1/2w..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hallicr...r+box.TRS0

Messages In This Thread
Power resistor decade box - by WallaceRoger - 02-13-2018, 09:42 PM
RE: Power resistor decade box - by Radioroslyn - 02-13-2018, 11:21 PM
RE: Power resistor decade box - by jcassity - 07-19-2018, 10:22 AM