Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCA C15-3 floor model

Thanks, Richard. My C15-3 is one of my very favorite radios. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out what to do about the cabinet top, or find a better cabinet.

For the curious, you can see the restoration thread of my C15-3 here:
https://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtop...6&t=363595

John Rider depended upon the radio manufacturers to get schematics and service data for his Rider's Manuals, so what you see in Rider's are copies of manufacturer data, often rearranged to fit Rider's format.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron, I have a Canadian C12-2, and the previous owner had a smoked piece of glass cut EXACTLY the outline of the top, and it hides the plant rings on the top perfectly! In fact, if you don't know the glass is there, the top appears like a high gloss cabinet finish.

Brad, unfortunately, there is more damage to the top of my C15-3 than just water rings.

There is extensive veneer damage, and the top is also warped and pulling away from the cabinet in places. Therefore I have a doily on top covering the entire cabinet top, and a Sherwood S-3000 II FM (mono) tuner on top of that. I did the factory mod to the C15-3 allowing a "phono" connection; I use it to play the Sherwood tuner through the RCA.

Oddly enough, the rest of the cabinet is in good shape.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron;
  You know I have never run across an RCA, or a Canadian G.E set, that was not a good performer, especially from that era. Another make like that is Rogers, Rogers built sets are pretty much on a par with Stromberg Carlson, except they did not make their own speakers like Stromberg did. When it comes to Philcos it seems to be a coin toss with me, I've had some that just refused to work properly, or had strange problems, others were great.
Regards
Arran