Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 90 PP speaker replacement

Hi  Hound,
I recently had a lady give me a Philco 90 Cathedral radio.  The cabinet was in rough shape but that is where I excel so that wasn't a problem.  It had the wrong transformer so I found one and a new dial scale online.  My problem is, it didn't have a speaker.  It is the older 90 Push Pull with twin 45s and from my research on here the Philco 20 speaker was compatible.  I had to go with that because I couldn't find a 90 anywhere that was PP.  When I did, it was too expensive.  I found a 20 so I am asking for help on wiring this up correctly.   I have read everything on here on the 90 speaker connections but was a little confused at the end on the 4 pin speaker wiring.  The guy asking had beautiful diagrams of his wiring but the experts on here seemed to think he had it wired wrong.  Yes the new speaker is in working condition on all coils.  I am getting better on the old Philcos but still need a deeper understanding.  I can't wait for ALL the lights to come on. Lol  
Any help on how to hook this up would be appreciated.

You will find your answer here:

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showth...?tid=14991

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi,
Thank you so much Ron. That is exactly what I needed. It would have been a lot easier to figure out if someone would not have done major work underneath the chassis and did much of it wrong. I think they might of had the wrong schematic. You are AWESOME!!