Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-630 Bezel Glass ?

I just purchased a 37-630T to restore. The case is in pretty good shape, as is the rest of the radio. The only thing that seems to be missing is the bezel glass. I measured the bezel opening and the center hole of the outside ring that clamps the glass into the bezel, and the circular piece of glass I will need seems to be 3.30 inches in diameter. I measured the opening in the bezel with my vernier, a hair over 3.30 inches, and also the opening in the clamping ring, it will cover the edges of the glass easily. Does anyone know of a good source of such a piece of glass? A piece of plain window glass cut to a 3.30 inch diameter circle would do perfectly. Thanks for any help in advance, Mike

Check with Radio Daze. http://www.radiodaze.com/

I don't think radiodaze has the plain glass dial covers but try www.dialcover.com with Mark Palmquist.

Try a local glass shop, they can cut one for you if they have something to go by.
Regards
Arran

I checked with RadioDaze, they don't carry such an animal. I've checked with Dialcovers, and asked them in an e-mail, waiting to hear back. Just in case, I have purchased a glass circle cutter on eBay, so my problem should be resolved. Thanks for all your suggestions. Once I get my cutter, and get the knack of it, I will be able to cut circles for those who need them.

Google "replacement glass for clocks".

I cut my own too Mike.
Just make sure it is a single complete circle with moderate pressure on a perfect flat surface.

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Dialcovers was able to provide me with the glass, so I am now set with the cabinet. The chassis is another story. When I pulled the chassis and looked underneath, I found that someone had already attempted to "restore" the radio, and had done a terrible and amateurish job. I will have my work cut out for me to undo the mischief. I'll probably have to strip the chassis and just start to rebuild the guts from scratch. Oh well, should occupy my spare moments for a good long time.

Be glad it is a 37-630 and not a 38-690. Icon_eek

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

LOL ! Tell me about it, Ron. I've been reading your saga of the 38-690 in the electronic restoration section. I have actually learned a few things, and been inspired. My compliments and respect for your tenacity and skill. Great job there !