Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi!! Im new.... 19LZ restoration help!!

Hello friends! I am new in these parts, and I need your valuable help, I am a collector of antiques and I have two or three old radios, (saba) and my purchase was a beautiful LZ19 philco ... it's a bit damaged (console) I do not dare to Plug it in ... I prefer to take it to a technician, my husband and I are carpenters and we make wood works, but ... it is a very delicate job and we do rough jobs in wood, We do not know that kind of work with old furniture and we do not want him to lose much of his appearance,  I leave photos ... thanks in advance! I leave my mail if it is allowed 
kayra2810@hotmail.com

Karla.

Edited .... because of somber carpenters !!!! No idea Icon_crazy

Have a beautiful day !!!

Karla

Welcome.
Your pictures did not show up.
Reduce the size to 1024 pixels and load them here.

Mike.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I posted this on Facebook but here it is:
I believe this is all correct info but someone can confirm it or correct it.
The 19LZX has the Police Aircraft band. The 19LZ does not. There are also 2 versions of cabinet contents. The 19LZ had a built in speaker. If there is no speaker then it is a 19LZX. The speaker cabinets are few and far between unfortunately so having a 19LZ is a good thing.

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Chairside versions of model 19 (19LZ and 19LZX) could have two bands (AM and police/aircraft) and four knobs, or could be AM only with three knobs.

Most 19LZ and 19LZX sets found are AM only (3-knob). 19LZ and 19LZX sets exist with AM and police/aircraft bands (4-knob), but appear to be very rare compared to the AM-only versions. I've seen several of the AM-only versions but never a two-band version of either one. I think the late Bob (Joybird) had a 19LZX with two bands.

Two band 19LZ and 19LZX (4-knob) sets are late production models.

The 19LZ had a built-in speaker.

The 19LZX had a separate speaker cabinet connected to the chairside cabinet by a 25 foot multi-conductor flat cable that is now unobtainium.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN
Thumbs Up 

Thanks!

OK, maybe I've been out in the woods too long (See: Man of the Woods - Timberlake) but I was wondering what is " somber carpenters" in the OP? I did a web search.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=man...&FORM=VIRE

Yeah, I have a plaid shirt on - -

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Icon_clap Heart

(04-17-2018, 12:14 PM)Phlogiston Wrote:   what is " somber carpenters" ...

Russ

Maybe you have to take it literally. Very serious carpenters. Icon_smile 
Two very serious carpenters.

Looking at the radio, it could use as many serious carpenters as there are available.

PS. I think I have 19LZX, the one that came from Terry. It is in decent shape though and probably still works.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Welcome Karla,

Your photos have been added to the first post in this thread.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Icon_e_surprised   Thank you so much!!!!

Icon_lol Mmm, I think cabinetmakers? or finer works in restoration of antique furniture ...

Icon_biggrin Thanks

Pic...please.

So you are cabinet-makers.

In a Checkhov's story "Kashtanka" her owner keeps saying to her (she is a dog):

"You, Kashtanka, are an insect of a creature, and nothing else. Beside a man, you are much the same as a joiner beside a cabinet-maker."

Icon_smile