Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-690 Restoration

Hi Mike(Morzh) that is true that no one can reach under the chassis --it's not a priority in finding a replacement cover at the moment. I'm glad the restoration went well on the radio and hope to get a 38-690 sometime in the future as it is an excellent radio too to add to my collection. Now to relocate it to my main radio room---the entire 2nd. floor of my house is where I keep my radio collection Icon_biggrin .   Ken

Handtruck works well Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I got furniture coasters underneath each leg to make it easier to move the radio and saves damaging the carpet--all I'll have to do is slide it to my main radio room.  Looking forward to doing some more listening to it tonight.    Ken

Hi Ken,

Loved how it looks in the cabinet. You weren’t kidding about how nice the cabinet is. If we all could be so lucky.

Tony

“People may not remember how fast you did a job, but they will remember how well you did it”

Thanks Tony, it took around a month to restore and it is playing great. I'm glad too that the cabinet is in excellent shape as I always get radios with some kind of cabinet damage---I'll be stripping and refinishing my 37-116 cabinet in a few weeks so that will be my next project.  I have attached pics of the radio I took today--haven't had time to move it to my other radio room yet. I was watching your restoration of your 38-690 and you did an outstanding job especially on the cabinet--the 38-690 is the next radio on my wish list.   Ken

Attached Files Image(s)