Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How come I can not find

Hello Everyone.....  Can you all tell me why I can not find a Philco 40-150 or a Philco 40-155 any where? I like the slanted fronts on these sets. There were so many of these radios made but I can not locate one. Guys help me out I have been looking for a while. They must be good performers because there is not any around. I guess I will just keep looking!

I think I saw one or two at Kutztown...

Place a Wanted ad in Wanted Ads. Who knows, you might get lucky.

I like them too but I don't own either model anymore. Too many radios, not enough room.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron...Do you know who was selling it ?  Wow and I wish I was able to go to the meet. I think I will be able to attend the fall radio show. Ron if you remember who had one let me know. And are they good performers?

> Do you know who was selling it ?

...nope...sorry...

> are they good performers?

Yes, they are.

If you go in September you may very well find one. Or several. One never knows what may appear there.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron thanks for you help as always.........Hope I get lucky! Thanks again!   Icon_thumbup

John

Sometimes here we ask folks to look for a radio we are after when in Kutztown. Surely you could too. Poughkeepsie is within reach, one of us could have gotten it and then you would drive down here and pick it up.
But if you don't ask, you ain't getting nothin' Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

If you want to make a trip to Virginia...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Philco-40-155-1...OSwhHJa5f2-

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Check ur pm box.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

That's kind of odd that you haven't run into one for sale yet, because I don't think it's like anyone is hoarding them, I seem to remember Ron and Kirk putting some project ones up for sale over the past three years. I was once following an empty cabinet for one on fleabay a few years ago since I have a chassis for a Canadian version of a 40-180, and it had the speaker still in it, but it went for over what I was willing to pay. The fleabay set is way overpriced for an as is example, considering that you would need to buy a set of repro pushbuttons to make it complete, as well as rewire the chassis like all of them.
Regards
Arran
Smile 

Here's fleabay option for a 40-150. The price is currently less than $10.00, plus shipping.   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Philco-...0011.m1850

All the best.

It's curious how, on that fleabay example, that the escutcheon is rusty but the chassis is not, it the front must have been exposed to something corrosive and not just humidity. For some reason I thought that the escutcheons on those 1939-40 Philcos were stamped out of brass, the one on my 40-780 Tropic was.
Regards
Arran

The escutcheons are stamped steel and painted gold...