Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nak RX-505

One of my favorite tape decks. I like playing it, and watching peoples reaction when the tape flips.

[Image: https://i.imgur.com/TolKJwV.jpg]

Here's a video of the flipper in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtE3DmJ6WnE

It's an excellent deck. I almost bought one recently.
(I have a ZX-9 I bought about 10 years ago, which is on it's way back from Willie Hermann as we speak).
But I ended up buying this 

The price was right, the cobdition - mint, Willie himself blessed the buy having said he prefers them that way.

Honestly I was hunting for CR-7A but decided this would do Icon_smile
I needed a deck for my second system Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Ok. Dragon. End of post.

LOL!

I am pretty sure for writing ZX9, CR-7A and Dragon are the same as all allow azimuth adj.
I think for playback RX-505 is as good.
I still want it, if only to see the UDAR in action. But the prices for Naks went up twice to trice within 10 years passed. Shoulda bought it when first thought of it.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

The flipper is cool and I cringe thinking of ever having to repair that mechanism!

Paul

Tubetalk1

This us why we have Willie Hermann around Icon_smile

I heard ( Brake fluid ) to soften the cones,,,,loll

Sad news....my ZX-9 came from Willie damaged. I first noticed a small shiny aluminum smush at the front top corner, then hoping that would be the extent of it tried to put a cassette in the bay....the bay door came out broken on the left side.
Willie said he insured it....hope for enough money. It's only good for parts now.