Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Started the restore on my Philco 40-180.

Ok thanks Ron, I have already ordered some zebrawood veneer off eBay. I just never heard eBay, called e-pay before.

Philco 41-295X 4 band radio.
I'm 67 years old, in north Idaho.

I don't care for their business model so the disrespect is intentional. But, some sellers are worth doing business with. Usually once I make a purchase, I keep the sellers site/address so I can deal directly with them.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

I've never had a problem with eBay, but have with PayPal. About 8 yrs ago, they sent me a bill for $270., but refused to send me an invoice so I could see what the bill was for. They finally sent it to collections. after 8 years, I have never payed it, and they still refuse to send me an invoice.
Michael

I’m not sure I have it down on how to post pictures but hopefully I got it right. 
I tried to post a before and after photo of my Philco 40-180 cabinet. I had to totally replace the veneer strips on either side of the speaker. I think the replacement veneer is a pretty close match to the original!

Alright, I received the zebra-wood veneer a couple days ago, managed to get it cut.installed it yesterday, turned out pretty good.

[attachment=16665]

I spent the week with grain filler, and sanding sealer, then the zebra-wood veneer, today I sprayed 2 coats of Mohawk ultra flo clear Lacquer. Tomorrow a little light sanding, then 2 more coats of lacquer. Then see where I stand. heres a picture of one side, got too dark to do the other side.

[attachment=16666]

Michael

I never got and answer about the plastic piece that was on the inside of the top of the cabinet, all that was there was the 4 corners 2 on each side. Looks like it was 4in wide and went across from one side to the other. It was brown, does anybody know what that was?
Michael

Methinks it's missing the ant loop for the high SW band.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

(06-30-2018, 11:01 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Methinks it's missing the ant loop for the high SW band.

That makes sense, I have never seen one listed anywhere. Have any ideas where I might find one?

Sorry I haven't been back on here, been busy looking for a new house, put both radios on the back burner till after we move. We close on the new house on the 24th, so after the move, I will have a 36X48 shop to work in. Will get back to them then just a little work to do on the 41-295, and still need to work in the chassis for the 40-180. Both cabinets are done.
Michael