Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 39-7

You just gotta love rubber covered wire!

Still need a couple of electrolytic cans. See wanted ads.

Those caps don't look original.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

this radio has had a lot of work done on it in the past - poorly done even by my standards!  The original electrolytics are gone and the 2 caps you see in the photo are what were in there.  A couple of resistors had been changed and also a couple of tubular caps. So...I'm not too concerned about maintaining originality.  I've changed all tubular caps with the beloved yellow film caps, and all resistors have been replaced.  No re-stuffing.  I really would like, though, to find 2 electrolytic cans that have the center post and a large nut for mounting.  I can make the cardboard insulator.  See my WTB ad.  

This radio doesn't really interest me that much, it's just another project to fill time until I get my Scott 16 back, which happened today!  The re-chrome shop finally got the chassis finished.  Looks great.  That's going to be major work since everything needs to be riveted back together - carefully.

The electronics for this radio have been done for quite some time.  I waited on the cabinet until I had another one to do at the same time to reduce spray equipment cleanup. Did this one while doing the Jr. 80.  My wife thought the table was "cute" and wanted it in the living room.  Who am I to argue!

Very Nice!
I fixed up one back abt 1985 or so. Great little player! They don't show up very often, have seen several 39-6's. If there was one close I'd buy it in a flash, kinda miss it.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry